Wedding Terms & Conditions
Moyvalley reserves the right to refund deposits in circumstances where a booking is made through a third party under false pretences. The Bride&Groom must meet the Wedding Co-ordinator when booking their wedding.
- Bookings will be held on provisional basis for two weeks from the date that the provisional booking was made at which time if no deposit has been received the booking will automatically be released.
- A non refundable and non transferable deposit of €500.00 is required to guarantee your booking and secure your date. This deposit payment indicates your acceptance and understanding of the terms and conditions.
- We will at this stage confirm in writing receipt of your initial deposit and confirmation of your booking. Payment of the first deposit indicates acceptance and understanding of the terms and conditions outlined below.
- A further schedule of deposit payments will be forwarded to you with your booking contract. 50% of your bill must be paid three months prior to arrival.
- The balance must be paid 14 days before the event. Moyvalley will only accept cash, bankers draft or credit card to settle your account.
- Any additional amounts incurred will be settled by you on departure by cash, personal cheque, bank draft or credit card.
- Failure to pay securing deposits at scheduled times may result in your event being cancelled with a loss of all previous payments.
- In the event of a cancelled event, deposits can be transferred to an available date within twelve months of the original date.
- The wedding date is only guaranteed when the deposit has been received and written confirmation is sent by the Wedding Co-ordinator.
- All deposits are non refundable and non transferable
- Moyvalley reserves the right to cancel the date in the following circumstances:
The hotel believes the booking might prejudice the reputation of the Estate
Should guests attending the event, behave in anyway way considered to be detrimental, offensive or contrary to normal expected standards of behaviour
- All prices are in Euro and inclusive of VAT and may be subject to an increase should the there any Government imposed changes accordingly
- Menu items and prices may be subject to seasonal variation dependent on their availability
- Wine vintages may vary from time to time depending on supplier difficulties beyond our control
- Menus must be selected 8 weeks prior to the event, with final numbers given 72 hours prior to the event. This is the minimum number you will be charged for on the day. Any additional guests who may attend on the day will be charged the agreed menu price accordingly. Children are very welcome and menu items will be available to meet your requirements
- Children 16 and over will be charged for as adults. Children under 16 will be offered a children’s menu and charged accordingly
- All amendments and cancellations are to be forwarded to Moyvalley in writing
- Moyvalley accepts no responsibility for entertainment not booked by the hotel. All entertainment providers are responsible for providing own equipment as subject to Health and Safety regulations.
- In Moyvalley Hotel, accommodation can be reserved at the initial booking stage but will require a 10% credit card guarantee to secure the booking. Rooms not guaranteed will be automatically released three months prior to the wedding date. An allocation of 15 rooms will be available at the special ’wedding rate’. In the event that the hotel is unable to offer the wedding guest rate, alternative rates or room types may be offered. Accommodation deposits are non refundable and non transferable.
- Any damage caused to the premises or grounds by the bridal party or their guests will be billed to the main account
- Food and beverage consumed on the premises must be purchased from the hotel with the exception of the wedding cake
- Final details regarding drinks, seating plans and any special arrangements are required by the hotel 7 days in advance of the date of the event
- Photography locations must be agreed in advance with Moyvalley
- Moyvalley will try wherever possible to assist guests with the storage of equipment, personal property and wedding cakes. Moyvalley will however, not accept liability for any damage or loss to any item of equipment, furnishings, or other property brought onto the premises by the guest
- Complimentary car parking is available to residents
- No confetti permitted on the premises